Ara din ir-riċetta bil-Malti: Irkotta moħmija bil-flieli tal-larinġ
This dessert is a little unusual. It is made with sweetened ricotta baked in the oven with oranges in a brandy syrup to create a pleasant contrast of delicate and strong flavours.
Preparation: 20 min
Total time: 45 min
- 350 g ricotta
- 1 egg
- 75 g icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Double cream to serve
- 3 oranges
- 75 g caster sugar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp brandy
- 125 ml water
- Heat the oven to 170 C. Grease 6 ramekins or oven bowls with a little oil and line them with baking paper.
- Place the ricotta, eggs, icing sugar and vanilla essence in a food processor and blend until well-combined and the mixture is smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the 6 recipients and tap each one on the table to remove and trapped air.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the mixture binds. Allow to cool then place them in the fridge for an hour.
- Meanwhile prepare the oranges. Cut the top and bottom part of the oranges, place upright on a plate and cut down the sides to peel the orange. Cut into slices with a knife.
- Retain the juice that comes out and place it in a small saucepan with the honey, sugar and water on a low heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat and allow the mixture to boil for 8 minutes or until it thickens a little. Allow the mixture to cool for half an hour.
- Add the brandy to the mixture and pour it over the orange slices.
- Place the ricotta on the serving plates. Place the orange slices on the top and pour a little syrup over. Serve with double cream.
Did you like this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you enjoy.