Energy bars are full of yummy ingredients that are also healthy. They can be a great breakfast option if prepared on the weekend for the week ahead. Make a batch for the week so it’s easy to grab and go.
- 2 1/2 cups of raw oats
- 3 scoops of whey protein powder, vanilla
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 115g unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50g chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup dried fruit, chopped
- Mix the oats, protein powder, flaxseed, honey, applesauce, baking soda and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Press the mixture into a pre-sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake at 160 C for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely and cut into 12 bars.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.