Aqra din ir-riċetta bil-Malti: Sider tal-papra bil-bżar u zalza tal-blackcurrant
This elegant dish for two is easy to prepare in little time so that you have more to spend with your loved one. You may complement the dish with mashed potato and broccoli as the flavours combine well with duck; start by boiling the potatoes and steaming the broccoli. While these are cooking, you can prepare the duck according to the instructions below.
Time: 25 min
- 2 duck breasts
- 2 tbsp crushed black pepper
- 3 tbsp port
- 2 tbsp red vinegar
- 4 tbsp blackcurrant jam
- Slice through the skin of the duck, lengthwise and widthwise. Press the pepper into the skin and sprinkle with salt.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat and cook the duck on the skin side for 6 minutes until it becomes golden and crunchy, then turn on the other side and cook for 4 minutes more. Place the duck on a plate and keep warm. Remove any excess fat from the pan.
- Place the frying pan on medium heat and add the port, vinegar and jam. Allow the mixture to boil for 2 minutes until it thickens and add a little salt.
- Cut the duck breast diagonally, pour the sauce over it and serve with mashed potatot and broccoli.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.