Chicken is one of those favourite dishes, so versatile that it can be prepared in a multitude of ways. It is relatively low cost and almost every part of it can be eaten. It is also one of the leanest meats, making it one of the healthiest to eat. Then try this recipe for Chicken with Mango Salsa:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1/2 kilo total)
- 2 tablespoons Chicken Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Corn Oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
Mango Pepper Salsa
- 2 cups diced fresh mango, 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper, 1/4-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced, fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium heat, or between 350 to 450 F.
- Trim excess fat from chicken, rinse and pat dry using paper towels. If necessary, pound chicken to an even 1/2-inch thickness using a mallet, rolling pin or cast iron skillet (this will ensure the chicken cooks evenly).
- Place chicken into a 4 litre size resealable plastic bag. Add seasoning, oil and lemon juice to the bag. Seal bag and turn to thoroughly coat chicken.
- Grill chicken over direct high heat for 6 to 8 minutes. Turn chicken and continue to cook for 6 to 8 minutes until cooked through.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a serving plate.
- Combine salsa ingredients in a bowl; stir and season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made up to 8 hours ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.)
- Top grilled chicken with mango salsa and serve immediately.
Recipe tip: Try slicing the chicken onto warm, low-fat tortillas, top with mango salsa and crumbled queso fresco cheese for delicious spicy chicken wraps.