May be a vegetarian dish if you leave the anchovies out of the recipe.
- 4 green peppers
- 1 cupful of breadcrumbs
- 8-10 olives
- 100 g/4 oz anchovies
- 1 tbsp capers, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Remove the stalk, tops and seeds of pepper.
- Fry the onions and garlic add the tomatoes, capers olives parsley and chopped anchovies mix in the breadcrumbs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Be careful not to use too much salt because the anchovies are salty.
- Fill each green pepper with as much of the mixture as it will hold.
- In a shallow pan, fry the green pepper in oil.
- Let the peppers fry until done on all sides.
- Lower flame to simmer and turn occasionally till the pepper are golden brown.
- The peppers can be served hot or cold.
Photographs have been taken by Matthew Cauchi and food has been cooked at Gululu restaurant by Neville Gauci
What do you think of this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.
Look at this list of fruit and vegetables according to the season