An easy to prepare meal that can be prepared in under 10 minutes and it's delicious. The combination of walnuts, wine and a touch of single cream is divine.
- Penne (75-120 g per portion, depending on appetites)
- ¼ cup gorgonzola dolce, crumbled, plus a few small chunks to garnish
- 6 walnut halves, broken roughly
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 4 flakes dried flaked garlic, soaked and chopped up
- tbsp light single cream
- 6 tbsp white or rose wine
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Parsley to garnish, if desired
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to the package instructions.
- In a saucepan, heat up a touch of olive oil and cook the flaked garlic gently.
- Add the oregano and cook further. Add the wine, cook and reduce.
- Add the single light cream and the Gorgonzola. Stir until the cheese melts and everything has smoothly combined. The sauce should have a satiny texture.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Drain the pasta. Add the sauce and mix.
- Add half the walnut chunks and toss together.
- Plate and garnish with the rest of the walnuts, the small pieces of Gorgonzola which you have left aide, and parsley if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Do you like this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.