The Spanish paella has not become so famous without a reason; its flavours attract a wide variety of palates such that it has become well-established in the realm of all those who like to experiment with international cuisine. By following this video by CookingwithSugarTV, traditional Spanish shrimp paella comes to your home with a simple, quick recipe that you can have ready in less than half an hour.
Serves: 6 generous portions
- 450 g of extra large frozen raw shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 225 g of long grain rice
- 75 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 700 ml of chicken broth
- 400 g canned diced tomatoes
- 200 g canned whole Pimientos, drained and sliced
- 1 cup of fresh chopped Italian parsley
- A few threads of saffron
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 110 g frozen peas
What do you think about this recipe? Do you consider that it tastes truly authentic? Let us know your thoughts by commenting below, and kindly rate and share the recipe to help us bring you more of the stuff you like.