It is a rather simple affair to make your own granola, or muesli; you need not spend a fortune on a healthy breakfast and you can vary the ingredients according to your liking. Follow the recommendations by Laura Vitale in the video by Laura in the Kitchen, then set your imagination free!
Makes: 7 cups
- 4 cups oats
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup dark raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 150 C.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, brown sugar, salt, walnuts and cinnamon, set aside.
- In a large measuring cup or a bowl, whisk together the honey, vanilla and vegetable oil, pour over the dry ingredients and mix everything well together.
- Spread mixture evenly in one layer on a 25 cm x 38 cm large baking pan.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes making sure to give it a toss every 10 minutes for even cooking.
- Once it comes out of the oven, toss in the raisins and cranberries. Seal in an airtight container to be enjoyed at your leisure.
Recipe By: Laura Vitale
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us continue to bring you recipes you like.