Brussels sprouts had been voted the world's most disliked vegetable, yet it remains popular as "the veg" for occasions to serve with a roast. This recipe by Laura Vitale of Laura in the Kitchen demonstrates how to cook the brussels sprouts just right, and flavours them with onion and pancetta. Try it and see if you like it better than what you have been used to so far.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 285 g brussels sprouts
- 115 g pancetta, chopped into small dice
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 small red or yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us continue to bring you recipes you like.