These beetroot tikkis are a popular Indian food. They are great consumed freshly cooked, easy to pack away for a picnic, ideal as finger-food at a party, and they can also be frozen, making them a wonderfully versatile item to put on your personal favourites menu. Although they are gently fried for a couple of minutes, the ingredients in the tikkis are healthy and nutritious, so make sure to drain them well so as to get the most out of them.
- 1 kg beetroot
- 1/2 kg potatoes, boiled
- 2tsp salt
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped fine
- Green chillies - to taste, cut fine
- 4-5 sprigs coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 2 tsp dry mango powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Bread crumbs as needed
- Oil - for shallow frying
Once you have tried this recipe, please do rate it and to leave your comments below for other readers.