Quick and easy, all ingredients are common and in most store cupboards and fridges with possibly the exception of yeast. It is useful to have a packet at home (the dried variety has a long shelf life).
- 200g plain flour
- 7g packet easy-blend dried yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 125ml warm water
- Pinch of salt
For the topping:
- 100ml passata
- 80g mozzarella, half grated, half chopped
- 2 tbsp grated Parmegiano
- A few basil leaves
- Plus any other toppings of your choice!
- Heat oven to 220C and use a brush to oil a 20 cm rectangular baking tray.
- Mix the flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a bowl, then stir in the water. Bring the mixture together, knead lightly and straight away, press into the oiled tray.
- Spread passata over the dough, leaving a thin border round the edge. Top with half the chopped basil, then the mozzarella and the Parmegiano and bake for 20 mins or until cooked through. Before serving garnish with the rest of the basil.