Aqra bil-Malti: Riċetta veġetarjana: Pulpetti tal-għads (lentils) bil-kosbor
Serve these patties with fresh tomato sauce, salad or as a vegetarian burger.
Time: An hour and a half
- 225 g red or brown lentils
- 400 g potatoes, peeled and cut in cubes
- 1 small onion, cut thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- 100 ml vegetable oil, for frying
- Put the lentils in a saucepan a cover with water. Boil for about 35-45 minutes and strain.
- At the same time, boil the potatoes in another pan until they soften, then strain, squash it with a fork and add the lentils.
- Meanwhile, heat in a spoonful of oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic, add the coriander and continue frying for another minute. Add this mixture to the potatoes and lentils and mix everything together.
- Divide the mixture in eight to form patties. Cover each patty with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on moderate heat and fry each patty for two minutes on either side until brown.