- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups coucous
- Just enough boiling water to immerse the couscous in
- A vegetarian stock cube
- 150 g frozen peas
- ½ cup fresh, chopped mint
- 1/3 cup toasted almond flakes
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onion and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring until it is translucent.
- Add the stock made up of the water with a natural stock cube.
- Bring to boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the couscous, salt if desired and freshly ground pepper.
- Cover and allow the couscous to cook in the steam for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous, stir in the peas and mint. Mix and place in a serving dish. Top with toasted almond flakes.
Is this the kind of recipe that you are after? Let us know what kind of recipes you are after by sharing, rating and commenting on the posts, below.