The Maltese love their tarts and pies, and this one will certainly go down well. It is great as a meal served with salad and also ideal to pack into a picnic basket for family days out.
- 1 sheet ready made puff pastry
- 250 g broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 100 g blue cheese
- Toasted flaked almonds to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place the pastry on a baking sheet covered with baking paper and lightly score a line all the way round within 1 cm from the edge, cutting halfway through the thickness of the pastry.
- Lightly cook the broccoli by steaming them for about 5 minutes.
- Fry the onion in some olive oil and stir until golden. Add the broccoli and season with black pepper.
- Spread the mixture over the pastry leaving the border clear. Scatter crumbled piece of blue cheese evenly on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes until the pastry is golden and risen. Scatter toasted almond flakes on top.
Do you like this recipe? Would you like to see more pastry recipes? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to let us know which recipes you like so that we make sure we deliver that which you are after.