- 500 g ground almonds
- 250 g castor sugar
- 4 egg whites (beaten)
- A few drops almond extract
- A few drops vanilla essence
- Whole almonds for the surface
- Rice Paper
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix the ground almonds, sugar, almond essence and vanilla in a bowl.
- Beat the egg whites until they are stiff and then fold in the dry ingredients.
- Arrange the rice paper on a large baking dish.
- Form balls and place onto the rice paper.
- Dip your finger into some water and slightly flatten the top of each cookie.
- Place an almond on each cookie and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool before removing them from the baking tray and trimming the rice paper around them.