Many are those today who need to avoid yeast products and here is a great recipe for foccacia, so simple, just add yoghurt!
- Olive oil to grease dish and drizzle over foccacia
- 450 g plain flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 400 ml yoghurt
- Roasted crispy sliced potatoes
- Fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 230°C. Brush a baking tray generously with olive oil.
- Sieve the plain flour and the bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl, add the salt.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the yoghurt. With your hand stiff and your fingers spread out like a claw, start mixing the flour into the yoghurt using a circular motion. Add the remaining yoghurt and keep mixing like this until you have a soft dough. Do not knead it but work it very gently to bring it together.
- Transfer to a floured surface and roll out to about 35 cm x 20 cm. Sit on the oiled baking tray and brush the top with some more olive oil. Make dimples all over the top of the dough with your fingertips.
- Arrange the potatoes, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle fresh rosemary and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes at 200°C until the bread is nice and golden on the top and bottom.
- When the focaccia is cooked but still hot, drizzle just a little more olive oil over the top and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Do you like this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.