Aqra din ir-riċetta bil-Malti: Insalata xitwija tal-fażola u l-faqqiegħ (mushrooms)
Winter does not mean that we must forget about salads... in fact there are several winter salads that are conceived especially for this season. Although this is a recipe for a salad, this dish is actually also ideal as a main dish containing a variety of vegetables. Furthermore it includes beans which are full of fibre and protein.
Time: 30 minutes
- 300 g mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 2 red bell peppers (capsicum), cleaned and cut into strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400 g butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 sticks of celery (imported), chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup żejt taż-żebbuġa
- ¼ cup żejt veġetali
- 1 tsp zokkor
- 1 tsp origanu mnixxef
- Melħ u bżar mitħun frisk
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan on moderate heat and place the red bell peppers.
- Stir for 2 minutes and add the mushrooms. Keep cooking for 2 more minutes until the mushrooms soften but remain firm.
- Add the beans and celery, stir and remove from heat.
- Beat together the cider vinegar, olive oil, vegetable oil, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add the mixture to the salad and stir to coat.
- Serve in bowls, sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.