If you find white onions to use for this recipe, they'll give a special sweetness of flavour to this dish.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Buffalo butter
- 2 white onions
- 2 onions, very thinly sliced
- 300g risotto
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dry rosemary
- 200 ml white wine
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 thin slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 100g dolcelatte
- In a pan, melt the butter and add the olive oil. Add the onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the rice and stir. Add the fresh, dry rosemary and then the wine, one ladel at a time. Then add the stock, a little at a time. Season if desired.
- Turn down the heat and simmer until the rice has absorbed all the liquid. If necessary simply add more water. This process usually takes about half an hour. Do not leave the pan unattended and keep stirring.
- Finally add the cooked chopped bacon, stir half the dolcelatte cheese into the risotto, stir and serve. Top with more cheese and garnish with a couple of sprigs of fresh rosemary.