These wonderful tuna patty burgers make a nice sandwich for lunch, and also make a lovely, quick and light dinner served with salad and chips. Divide the quantities in the recipe in half to serve just 1 or 2.
Preparation time: 5 min
Total time: 13 min
- 2 (160 g) cans Elite tuna in sunflower oil, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 carrot, scraped and finely grated
- 40 g Italian-style seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a mixing bowl, combine tuna, eggs, carrot, breadcrumbs, onion, parsley and cayenne.
- Shape mixture into four patties.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute tuna patties for four to five minutes on each side; turn carefully as they easily fall apart.
- Serve on hamburger buns (really nice if toasted) with your choice of condiments; I recommend lettuce leaves and mayonnaise.
If you'd like to read more on tuna recipes, click here.
Do you like this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.