Strawberries are one of nature's delicious treats, and with this recipe their sweet flavour is combined with a yoghurt and cream filling, biscuits and nuts. I love pistachios both in flavor and for color contrast.
- 500 g fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 100 g double cream
- 100 g Greek yoghurt (If you are on the island, use local; it is just as good and a fraction of the price OR swap with 200 g cream cheese, beaten)
- 1 tbsp honey or carob syrup
- A few drops vanilla extract
- 6 digestive biscuits
- 100 g ground nuts, I used pistachio
- Cut a small piece off the tip of the strawberries so that they will stand on a plate. Save the tip.
- Use a paring knife to hollow out a small whole in the centre of each strawberry
- Beat the double cream and when it thickens add the yoghurt. Add the carob syrup or honey and a few drops of vanilla extract and mix in until it is well-combined.
- Fill a disposable piping bag with the mixture. Snip only a small part of the tip off. Fill up each strawberry with the mix.
- Crush the digestive biscuits to a fine powder and sprinkle each strawberry with the biscuits and top with ground nuts. You can either serve them as they are or cover the strawberry with the tip that you have cut off previously.
- Refrigerate before serving.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.