Stromboli is a type of turnover traditionally made with bread dough and stuffed with various ingredients, typically mozzarella, cold cuts of meat such as salami, ham and cured beef, or vegetables. This one is made with chicken and roasted peppers.
- 500 g strong flour
- 6 g sachet dried yeast
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 350 ml water
For the filling:
- 100 g cooked boneless chicken
- 150 g mozzarella
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 red peppers
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the flour, yeast and salt, then add the oil and enough water to make a soft dough; cover and leave for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape.
- Spread the chicken all over the dough, top with the rest of the ingredients.
- Roll the dough up firmly from the long side and pinch the ends.
- Place on a baking sheet, making sure you place the joint underneath. Cover and leave for 10 minutes.
- Pierce the dough all over and brush with oil.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until firm and golden. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Do you like this recipe? Would you like to see more recipes like this one? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to let us know which recipes you like so that we make sure we deliver that which you are after.