This recipe for strawberries and ice cream with balsamic vinegar and mint combines contrasting flavours with a delicious result.
- 2 large punnets strawberries, chopped into large pieces
- 6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp stevia
- 1 tbsp fresh finely chopped mint
- 1 litre vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Zest of half an orange
- In a bowl mix the strawberries, balsamic vinegar, stevia, orange zest and chopped mint.
- Leave in the fridge for the flavours to combine for an hour.
- Place a serving of the strawberries in a long glass and top with a scoop of ice cream.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve