Having get-together drinks at your place and you want to offer something to munch on? Or perhaps you would like to offer an appetizer until your guests sit at the dinner table? This spicy tuna tartare dip is a wonderfully easy preparation, especially if you are using tinned tuna.
Makes: 10 servings
- 900g yellow fin tuna, cooked and diced in 1/2 cm pieces (or you can use tinned tuna)
- 1/2 cup cucumber, washed, dried, diced in 3mm pieces
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed, peel removed and minced
- 1-2 serrano or jalapeno pepper, seeded, minced fine
- 1 shallot or 2 spring onions, finely minced
- 1 orange, washed, dried, zested, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano (or 2 teaspoons fresh)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bag thick potato chips or crackers
- Gently mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.
- For best results consume within two to four hours but it will hold even overnight.
- To serve, gently mix and place in a serving bowl with a spoon, with the chips on the side.