Aqra din ir-riċetta bil-Malti: Muffins tal-ġobon u l-bacon
When muffins are mentioned, we tend to think about fluffy, sweet, individual portion cakes, however these savory muffins are just as delicious and can be eaten for breakfast.
Time: 35 min
- 3 rashers bacon without rind, finely chopped
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 50 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 egg
- 125 ml milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 180°C. Line an muffin tray serving 24, or 12 bigger ones, with paper cupcake holders.
- Heat a frying pan on moderate heat and fry the bacon until browned. Place on kitchen paper to absorb the fats.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, ¾ of the cheese, the mustard powder, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl beat together the egg and milk and add the bacon.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and stir until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into the paper cupcake holders and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until they are golden and bounce back when you touch them. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Did you like this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.