- 1 wholemeal bagel
- 3 egg whites
- 4 tbsp black bean hummus (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 tbsp low-fat sour cream
- 4 tbsp tomato salsa
- Nonstick cooking oil spray
Homemade black bean hummus:
- 1 can (425 g) black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
To make homemade black bean hummus:
- Mince all ingredients together in food processor until smooth.
- Separate and toast bagel.
- Place open-faced and top each half with two tablespoons of hummus and 1 tablespoon of low-fat sour cream.
- Spray nonstick frying pan with cooking oil and put on stovetop under medium heat.
- Beat three egg whites together in mixing bowl and then pour into heated frying pan.
- Once eggs are cooked through, place on open-faced English muffin and top with salsa.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.