- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 cups chocolate buttons
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of instant coffee
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl. Add the cinnamon and coffee powder.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a bowl and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and then 10 seconds at a time, taking out to stir until it is melted.
- Beat the eggs until they are fluffy using a hand whisk. Add the sugar and carry on whisking until the mixture becomes pale and has more than doubled in volume.
- Add the chocolate mixture then the flour mixture and carry on mixing until a dough forms. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Form cookies and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. If the dough is not stiff enough simply dust with more rye flour.
- Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool before removing them from the baking tray.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.