Aqra bil-Malti: Riċetta: Ross bil-lumi u l-ful
Another plate which is ideal for vegetarians too, with the delicious and fresh flavours of spring.
Time: 45 minutes
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 300 g rice, arborio or short grain
- 250 ml dry white wine
- 1 Litre of hot vegetable stock
- 2 kg broad beans, with both skins removed (you will end up with around 400g)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 100 g grated Parmesan (optional)
- Heat the oil in a pan and saute the leek until it softens, then add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the beans and the rice and mix, then pour in the wine and let the rice absorb the liquid.
- Add a ladle full of stock and mix until it is absorbed; add another ladle and keep doing the same thing until the rice is cooked, stirring continuously. Towards the end, add the lemon juice and zest, the parsley and the mint, salt and pepper to taste and parmesan cheese. Mix well and serve immediately.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.
Look at this list of fruit and vegetables according to the season