Serves: 6 (depending on size of peppers)
- 3 large green peppers, halved lengthwise (stalks not removed, but cleaned inside)
- 150 g long grain rice
- 100 g frozen mixed veg
- 200 g frozen spinach cubes ( 5 pcs thawed out and strained)
- 40 g olives
- 20 g capers
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 can of tuna-170 g
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 small tin of anchovies (each anchovy slice cut in 4 )
- 400 ml water
- Prepare the peppers by halving and cleaning.
- Wash the rice and distribute evenly between the peppers.
- Mix all the other ingredients together.
- Spoon the filling in the halved peppers, on top of the rice.
- Distribute the water between the peppers, filling to the brim.
- Wrap in foil, leaving approximately an inch gap between the foil and the peppers in order for steam to build up.
- Bake in a 150 C oven for 1 hour.
- Remove foil, and bake for another 15 minutes at the highest setting (300 C) for the outer layer to become nice and crispy.
- These can be served warm or cold.
Note: If for starter, one per person is enough. For main course, allow 2 per person.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please leave your comments below and kindly rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you enjoy.