Aqra din ir-riċetta bil-Malti: Cupcakes bl-ilwien tal-qawsalla
Carnival is a festival of colour as are these rainbow coloured cupcakes. Although the recipe is simple, they take little more time to mix the colours and distribute the mixtures. Finally the result is very pretty and kids and adults alike will love them. Decorate them with cream and sprinkle with 100s and 1000s.
Time: 45 min
- 125 g caster sugar
- 125 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 125 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp milk
- 4 food colourings: redm blue, yellow and green
- Cream, beaten, to decorate
- 100s and 1000s to decorate
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Place 12 cupcake paper cups in a cupcake tin.
- Beat together the sugar and butter until you have a light mixture.
- Add egg and a little flour and beat; repeat.
- Add vanilla essence and mix, then add the milk little by little.
- Divide the mixture into six parts and place in separate bowls. Add:
- In bowl 1, ½ capful red food colouring
- In bowl 2, ½ capful red food colouring and ½ capful yellow food colouring to make orange
- In bowl 3, ½ capful yellow food colouring
- In bowl 4, ½ capful green food colouring
- In bowl 5, ½ capful blue food colouring
- In bowl 6, ½ capful blue food colouring and ½ capful red food colouring to make purple
- Mix well the food colouring with the mixture in each bowl.
- Divide the purple food colouring between the 12 cupcake tins, then repeat with the rest of the mixtures in this order: blue, green, yello, orange and red.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes.
- Decorate the top with cream and sprinkle with 100s and 1000s.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.