You will need:
- 500g peeled carrots, grated
- 180g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 4 drops vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 eggs
- 200g brown sugar
- 100 g sugar
- 300ml good oil
- 100g nuts of your choice
- 100g dried fruit of your choice
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Prepare a cake tin 20cm round or rectangle, greased or covered with baking paper
- Sift the flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt into a bowl.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the eggs. Add the vanilla, sugar and oil and beat for 3 minutes until the mixture is consistent.
- Add the carrots, nuts and dried fruit to the mixture.
- Fold in the flour mixture a little at a time until it is consistent. Do not overbeat.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when tested.
- Leave to cool. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
What did you think of this recipe? Please leave your comments or star rating below.