A really easy all-in-one recipe to entertain the kids (particularly if you get them to make them), get them into the spirit of festivities and give them (and their families) a treat to munch on over carnival weekend.
- 150 g butter or margarine, softened, left out of the fridge for a few hours
- 150 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 2 drops vanilla essence
- Chop up softened butter.
- Put all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl (believe me all-in-one works as long as the butter or margarine is softened) and use an electric beater to combine. Do not over mix.
- Line a muffin tray with paper cases.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and let the kids go wild with decorating: dip in milk or white chocolate, use coloured confetti, a mix of sugar craft decorations if available and let them be creative!
Did you and your kids enjoy this recipe? Let us know if you wish to receive more recipes of this kind by sharing, rating and commenting on this post, below.