Aqra bil-Malti: Riċetta: Insalata ta’ gambli u rucola
A light prawn salad which can be served as is as a starter or as a light meal by adding fresh bread or boiled rice.
Time: 40 minutes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Grated zest of half a lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 800 g large fresh prawns, peeled and cleaned
- 200 g rocket
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into segments
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin segments
- Can (400g) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons balsamic oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Lemon segments, to serve
- Soak 8-12 skewers in water.
- In a bowl, beat together two tablespoons of olive oil, the lemon juice and grated zest, the garlic, the rosemary, salt and pepper. Add the prawns and mix well. Leave them to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the salad. In another bowl mix the rocket, the tomatoes, the onion and the beans. Add the other two teaspoons of olive oil and the balsamic oil, salt and pepper and mix.
- Place the prawns on the skewers (do not cram them close together). Heat a griddle pan and smear with some oil. Grill the skewered prawns until they start to turn white, turn them round half way through cooking.
- Divide the salad between 4 plates and put the prawn skewers on top. Serve immediately with lemon segments.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.
Look at this list of fruit and vegetables according to the season.