- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp sugar
- 1/3 cup onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup green olive
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, peeled, sliced and roughly diced
- 3/4 cup peperoncini, drained and chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 tsp salt (approx.)
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Place vinegar, water and sugar in a large pot. Add salt and season with pepper to taste. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, add onions, green olives, cauliflower, carrots, peperoncini, serrano pepper and garlic cloves.
- Simmer vegetables for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Place cooled giardiniera in a plastic container. Stir in olive oil. Chill and stir occasionally.
Did you like this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you enjoy.