Tal-Malti sausages ooze with flavour and this pasta is just as delicious and can be prepared in 10 minutes.
- Penne (75-120 g per portion, depending on appetites)
- 2 Maltese sausages, skin removed, chopped up
- 10-16 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- Rucola, according to your preference, I used about 20 leaves
- 1 whole dried chill
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 4 flakes dried flaked garlic, soaked and chopped up
- 1 tbsp light single cream
- 6 tbsp white or rose wine
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Freshly grated Pecorino
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to the package instructions.
- In a saucepan, heat up a touch of olive oil and cook the sausage meat on gentle heat until browned together with the garlic flakes.
- Add the chilli and oregano and cook further. Add the wine, cook and reduce.
- Add the single light cream, just a touch (the dish should not appear creamy) and cook further.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Drain the pasta. Add the sauce and mix.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and rucola.
- Plate the pasta and top with a fresh light grating of Pecorino.
- Serve immediately.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.