Now that kale is grown locally and easily available, here is a great pasta dish.
- 150 g chorizo sausage cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 standard cans of chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup red wine
- ¼ cup tomato puree
- 500 g fusilli
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook on gentle heat until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chopped chorizo sausage, stir, and then add the tomatoes and the red wine; cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato puree, season with salt (if required) and freshly ground pepper, and simmer over low heat.
- Meanwhile prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- While the pasta is cooking, trim the kale and plunge it into boiling water. Leave it for 5 minutes, drain the water and chop it up, crosswise.
- When the pasta has cooked, remove the sauce from heat. Stir in the pasta, mix and, finally, add the kale.
- Serve in individual bowls and top with grated cheese.
Did you know that kale is know grown locally? Have you tried out fresh kale with your recipes? Let us know the outcome of this recipe if you try it and whether or not this is the kind of recipes that you are after.