Aqra bil-Malti: Riċetta: Muffins tal-lanġas u l-kannella ('cinnamon')
You can prepare these for your child’s school lunch and they are definitely more nutritious than store-bought cakes. Even if your child doesn’t like eating fruit he/she will enjoy these goodies filled with pears, yoghurt and mascarpone.
Time: 30 minutes
- 3 small pears (or 2 large ones) peeled, cleaned and chopped into small pieces.
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 145 g melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 250 g mascarpone
- 100 ml natural yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 375 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 200 g sugar
- Heat the oven to a temperature of 180°C. Place muffin cases into a 12 muffin tray.
- Put the pears into a bowl and drizzle the cinnamon powder over them. Mix, and put to the side.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter, mascarpone, yoghurt, eggs and vanilla essence.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and the bicarbonate of soda.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry one and combine them together properly. Then add the pears.
- Divide the mixture into the 12 cases and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until they turn golden and are thoroughly cooked.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.