Carob Syrup makes such a delicious addition to sweets. It adds character to the flavor as it is a sweetener with a big character! The combination with peanuts is delicious. I like to leave out the sugar and just make these oatcakes using Carob Syrup to sweeten but it is a matter of personal taste.
You will need:
- 100g peanuts
- 100g butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Carob Syrup
- 125g self raising flour
- 150g oats
- Pinch of salt
- Extra water to bind if needed.
- Dry toast the nuts on a hot pan using no oil. Toss them around very quickly on high heat and remove from pan otherwise they will burn. Once they have cooled chop them roughly.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg, carob syrup and beat until the mixture is consistent. Add the flour and oats. Mix with a metal spoon until the mixture is consistent. Add the chopped peanuts. If the mixture is too solid, add a spoonful of water at a time until it workable.
- Line an oven proof dish with baking parchment. Form flattened balls with the dough and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes at 180C. Allow to cool before you remove from baking tray.
What did you think of this recipe? Did you try it? Please leave your comments and/ or star rating, below!