Ara din ir-riċetta bil-Malti: Għaġin bit-tiġieġ u zalzett chorizo
Chorizo is a Spanish sausage which is often used as an ingredient in paella and also goes really well with pasta. The tender chicken and spicy sausage in a basil and tomato sauce are a perfect combination, and thick pasta such as penne or fuzilli are best for the sauce to cling. This easy and delicious recipe is perfect as a week-night dinner.
Serves: 4 persons
- 3 chicken breasts without bone or skin, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 400 g pasta
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100 g chorizo sausage, sliced
- 400 g tomatoe puree
- A handful of fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil; cook the pasta al dente.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a large skillet on medium heat and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the pieces of chicken and continue to fry for 5 more minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and allow it to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the basil, freshly ground black pepper and salt and simmer for further 5 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce in the skillet. Stir for a minute on low heat.
- Serve with grated Parmesan.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.