For the shortcrust pastry:
- 500 g sifted plain flour
- 150 ml olive oil
- Half of 1 beaten egg
- A pinch of salt
- Cold water
For the filling:
- 550 g ricotta cheese
- 100 g grated parmesan cheese
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 100 g de stoned, chopped black olives
- 1 tbs honey
- Salt and pepper to your taste
- 2 eggs
- Rub the fat into the flour well, add half the beaten egg with the pinch of salt.
- Mix well, add cold water as necessary, make a dough, dust with flour, put in a plastic bag and refrigerate for an hour,
- In a pan, fry the onion with no oil, until brown, add the honey and turn off the heat.
- Mix the ricotta with the parmesan cheese, eggs, add half the olives, and the caramelised onions,salt and pepper.
- Roll out the pastry, and line a 10 by 12 inch tray with oven paper.
- Cover the dish with pastry and brush with the remaining beaten egg.
- Add the ricotta mixture, and decorate with the remaining black olives.
- Pre heat oven and bake at 180c until set,and the pastry is golden.
- Can be par baked, and frozen.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.