Aqra bil-Malti: Riċetta: Gallettini tal-ħafur (oats) u ġewż tal-Indi (coconut)
Crunchy and delicious biscuits that you can make in minutes. Whilst baking other items you can prepare these biscuits quickly and pop them into the oven once your other dish is ready.
Time: 30 minutes
- 100g oats
- 100 g dessicated coconut
- 125 g flour, sifted
- 200 g sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup, heated
- 125 g butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Heat the oven to a temperature of 180°C. Cover a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, the dessicated coconut, the flour and the sugar. In another bowl, beat together the butter, the golden syrup, the water and the bicarbonate of soda.
- Pour the butter mixture into the flour one and mix everything together using a tablespoon.
- Place tablespoon size portions of the mixture on the tray, spacing them out by 3cm.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the biscuits solidify.
- Let them cool down on the tray for 5 minutes, then place them on a cooling rack.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.