This creole mustard tomato chutney is great for garnishing burgers and steaks, but do feel free to experiment with it by adding it to your favourite dishes.
- 1/3 cup fruity red wine
- 1/3 cup crushed grape tomatoes
- 2 and a 1/2 tablespoons blackberry or raspberry jam (with seeds)
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup stone ground or Creole mustard
- Cook down all ingredients except mustard in a small saucepan, stirring constantly until thick and relatively uniform in consistency.
- Mash all bits of tomato into sauce.
- Remove from heat and place in a nonreactive bowl to cool.
- When just above room temperature, stir in mustard.
Why don't you try the mixed meat burgers with creole mustard tomato jam .