Sweets and cakes made from your favourite cookies and treats can never go wrong. Try this mint-chocolate baked cheesecake recipe that uses Oreo biscuits and Options chocolate mint as two of its main ingredients. Don't worry, if your mouth is watering already it's quite normal.
- 2 cups ground chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreo original)
- 675g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 150g Options Mint Madness
- 150g granulated sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 450g sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175 C. Grease bottom and side of a 22cm springform pan.
- Press cookie crumbs onto bottom of prepared pan. Place in freezer for five minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, Options and 1/4 cup sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until edges are set but center still moves slightly.
- Combine sour cream, remaining sugar and vanilla extract in medium bowl; mix well.
- Spread over surface of warm cheesecake. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Remove side of springform pan.