Do you love spaghetti with meatballs but give up the idea of making it due to the time-consuming, skillful effort of making homemade meatballs? This recipe utilises Findus Meatballs cooked in a lovely, authentic tomato sauce such that you will barely notice the difference. Try it for yourself and ask your family what they think!
- 840g (2 packets) Findus Meatballs
- Butter or margerine for frying
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp minced garlic
- 120 ml red wine (good quality)
- 800g canned tomato puree
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 700 g spaghetti
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- Heat some butter or margerine in a frying pan. Heat the meatballs for 9-10 minutes. (If you prefer to use a microwave (750W), put the meatballs in a bowl without a lid and heat on full power for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally). Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and stir for 5-10 minutes until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add the wine and cook on high heat, scraping up all the brown bits in the pan, until almost all the liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper, cover the sauce and simmer on low heat for 2o minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water, according to the package instructions, until al dente. Drain.
- Add the meatballs to the tomato sauce and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot on a bed of spaghetti with grated Parmesan.
Did you like this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you enjoy.