Do you fancy meatballs? This no-fuss recipe utilises Findus Meatballs to save on the time-consuming, skillful effort of making homemade meatballs, and shows you haw to make a perfect sub served complete with fries.
Makes: 4 servings
- 16-20 Findus Meatballs
- Butter or margerine for frying
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 800 g canned crushed tomatoes (polpa)
- 400 g canned peeled whole tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 crusty sub rolls
- 285 g shredded provolone or Italian 4-cheese blend
- Shredded basil (sweet) or shredded rucola (spicy) leaves, for garnish
- Oven chips (cooked according to package instructions) to serve
- Heat some butter or margerine in a frying pan. Heat the meatballs for 9-10 minutes. (If you prefer to use a microwave (750W), put the meatballs in a bowl without a lid and heat on full power for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally). Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add oil and garlic. When garlic starts sizzling, add herbs and crushed pepper and allow oil to infuse for half a minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Bring sauce to a bubble, reduce heat, and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine meatballs and sauce. Place 4-5 meatballs in each sub.
- Top with shredded cheese and place subs under broiler to melt cheese.
- Top with shredded basil or arugula and serve with a pile of oven fries.
Did you like this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you enjoy.