This Christmas log is wonderfully easy to make and is made with dates to sweeten the deal instead of sugar. It also uses skimmed milk and no added butter for a reduced fat option of this favourite, while the hazelnuts, cherries and brandy give it a local twist.
- 2 packets Morning Coffee light
- 1 packet dates
- 400 ml skimmed milk
- 100 g hazelnuts
- 50 g cherries
- 2 tbsp chocolate powder
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 350 g dark chocolate to decorate
- Roughly crush the biscuits and chop the dates.
- Place the milk and the dates in a saucepan on low heat and stir until the dates break up and the mixture obtains a smooth consistency.
- In a bowl mix the biscuit crumbs, the brandy, the hazelnuts, the cherries and the cocoa powder.
- Use your hands to bring the mixture together. Place in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Form the cooled mixture into a log shape and leave it in the fridge, covered, overnight.
- The next day, decorate with chocolate that has been melted in a bain-marie, and other decorations of your choice.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please leave your comments below and kindly rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you enjoy.