A lower fat version of the classic muffin, baked with fresh strawberries now coming into the peak of their season.
Serves: 10 muffins
- 225 g self raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- A few drops good vanilla essence
- 100 g sugar or stevia
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 125 ml low fat yoghurt
- 100 g fresh chopped strawberries plus extra for the top of desired
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Place muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and sugar together.
- Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl. Add the chopped strawberries
- Add the yoghurt, vanilla and olive oil to the flour mixture.
- Finally fold in the egg whites. Do not over mix.
- Fill the muffin cases with the batter until they are about 2/3 full.
- If you wish, place a few extra strawberry bits on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes. Check that they are cooked through by piercing with a skewer.
- Allow to cool before removing from muffin tin.
Do you like this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.
To find out whether the veg you need is in season, refer to this list of seasonal fruit and vegetables.