Aqra bil-Malti: Riċetta: Lażanja bil-qarabagħli minflok għaġin
For those who want to eat less carbohydrates and eat more vegetables, this recipe is ideal. Instead of layers of lasagna noodles there are zucchini slices.
Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
Serves: 6 persons
- 1 kg zucchini, sliced thinly and lengthwise
- 700 g tomato pulp
- Tablespoon tomato paste
- Tablespoon olive oil
- 800 g minced beef
- 300 g mushrooms, finely chopped
- Onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- Tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- 400 g mozzarella, thickly grated
- 100 g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 500 g ricotta
- Egg, slightly whisked
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Pinch of nutmeg, grated
- Fresh salt and ground pepper
- Heat tablespoon of oil in a wide saucepan on moderate fire and add the onion and garlic, and fry lightly until soft. Add the minced meat and stir until it is well cooked, then add the mushrooms. Once the liquid from the mushrooms evaporates, add the tomato paste, tomato pulp, Worchestershire sauce, salt and pepper. As the sauce boils, lower the fire, cover the saucepan partially and leave to simmer for about 40 minutes, until the sauce thickens. Turn off the fire, add the basil and stir.
- Meanwhile put some oil in the grill tray, roast courgettes lightly on both sides and place on the kitchen paper.
- In a bowl beat together the ricotta, eggs, ¾ of mozzarella and half the Parmesan, nutmeg and parsley.
- Heat the oven to a temperature of 200 ° C. Insert a dish of 23 cm x 40 cm, or equivalent, and add a little oil.
- Put ⅓ of courgettes at the bottom of the dish and spread half the sauce on top. Spread half the ricotta mixture, another ⅓ of courgettes; then the remaining sauce and finally the rest of the ricotta mixture. In the face put the last layer of courgettes and end with mozzarella and the remaining Parmesan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the surface becomes golden. Leave the lasagna stand in the oven for 15 minutes before serving.
Did you try this recipe? Did you like it? Leave your comments and rating below and share so that we continue bringing more of the content that you'd love.