- 2 Maltese sausages, cooked and skin removed
- 500g macaroni
- 1 bunch kale, leaves chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tins tomatoes, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 oz. mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Add kale in the last few minutes of cooking. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive in a large pan. Add the Maltese sausage and cook until they begin to brown. Ladle the sausages into a small bowl and set aside.
- Add onions and garlic to the oil and cook until the onions begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Add in the chili flakes and tinned tomatoes.
- Add the pasta and kale to the other mixture and toss to coat. Mix in half the mozzarella.
- Pour the pasta into an oven proof dish. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake for half an hour until cheese is golden.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.