Breads can vary very much from each other and it is good to try different varieties. This Irish soda bread is easy to prepare and very particular because it is made with bicarbonate of soda and yoghurt.
- 450 g flour plus extra for dusting
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 400 ml yoghurt
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the yoghurt.
- Mix well using your hands and keep them firm like a claw; the dough should be very soft and not too wet.
- Bring the dough together and shape into a round.
- Place the loaf on the prepared baking sheet, cut a cross in the top and bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 25-30 minutes.
Do you like this recipe? Would you like to see more bread recipes? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to let us know which recipes you like so that we make sure we deliver that which you are after.