Potatoes are a great staple food that go well with almost any other ingredient. You can try this unusual croquettes potato salad as an accompaniment to another dish or even on it's own.
Serves: 4 persons
- 1 packet McCain mini croquettes
- 3-4 strips diced bacon
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Baby spinach or greens for serving
- Cook the mini croquettes according to the instructions on the packet.
- Heat a 25cm non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add bacon and onion; cook while stirring frequently until bacon is done and fat is rendered, which should take 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes. Cover pan and cook potatoes on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring once. Potatoes do not need to brown. Remove pan from heat.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to potatoes, along with bell pepper, celery and parsley, and mix well.
- Serve warm or room temperature on a bed of greens.
Variation: For a lighter version, use light mayonnaise or substitute 2 tablespoons olive oil for mayonnaise.